Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 149,267 pages of information and 234,239 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Black Lake, West Bromwich, Staffs. (now West Midlands) (1937)
of Camden Street, Birmingham, 1. Telephone: Birmingham, Central 8553 (6 lines). Cables: "Cruickshank, Birmingham". London Office at 123 Grays Inn Road, WC1. Chemical and Engineering Works at Charles Street and Shaftesbury Street, West Bromwich. (1947)
c1870s R. Cruickshank Ltd. started electroplating operations.
1937 Lacquer manufacturers. 
1947 British Industries Fair Advert for: Acids and Chemicals; Cyanides; Prepared Plating Salts; Complete Electro Plating Plants and Materials. Polishing Plant and Materials. Hydrofluoric Acid, Fluorine, Nickel, Copper and Zinc Compounds. (Chemicals etc. Section - Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand No. A.1088) 
At some point R. Cruickshank Ltd. became M&T Chemicals.
1979 Schering Galvanotechnik takes over Chemcut USA and in 1980 McGean acquires the R. O. Hull Company.
A joint venture between Atochem and Eglehard Corporation in 1991 forms M&T Harshaw.
Atotech is founded in 1993, when Elf Aquitaine merges its Elf Atochem and M&T Harshaw operations with Schering`s electroplating division in 1993.