Royal Aeronautical Society
Founded in 1866 as the Aeronautical Society of Great Britain
It was also known as the RAeS.
1921 Full list of Council Members that year:
- Air-Commodore H. R. M. Brooke-Popham (chairman).
- Brig-General R. K. Bagnall-Wild (vice-chairman).
- Dr L. Bairstow
- Major F. H. Bramwell.
- Wing-Commander Cave-Browne-Cave.
- Sir Robert Hadfield.
- Captain G. de Havilland.
- Professor B. Melvill Jones.
- Major A. R. Low.
- Lieut. Colonel J. T. C. Moore-Brabazon.
- Lieut. Colonel A. Ogilvie.
- Lieut. Colonel [[Mervyn O'Gorman|M. O'Gorman.
- Dr A. J. Sutton Pippard.
- Mr A. V. Roe.
- Major General Sir R. M. Ruck.
- Colonel the Master of Sempill.
- Major R. V. Southwell.
- Lieut. Colonel H. T. Tizard.
- Brig-General J. G. Weir.
- Major H. E. Wimperis.
- Mr A. E. Turner.
1924 At a meeting of the Council of the Royal Aeronautical Society held on June 17th, Lieut. Colonel H. T. Tizard, A.F.C., Fellow, was elected chairman for the year 1924-1925. Colonel Tizard assumed office on October 1st.
President: C. R. Fairey, M.B.E., F.R.Ae.S.
Qualifications: Scientific or engineering, accordingly to grade. The Royal Aeronautical Society was founded under the title of the Aeronautical Society of Great Britain. The papers read before the Society were published in the Reports, 1866-1893, and since then in the Journal, founded in 1897. The Institution of Aeronautical Engineers was founded in 1920, and was incorporated with the Royal Aeronautical Society in 1927. The object of the amalgamated body are to promote the advancement of aeronautical science. A library of about 4,000 volumes has been formed. Diplomas are granted in the Society's technical grades, and prizes and medals are awarded. The numerous branches of the Society have a total membership of over 3,500.
Secretary: J. Laurence Pritchard.
Address: 7 Albemarle Street, London W.1.
Telephone: Regent 6800.
1938 The Society moved to its current premises, No.4 Hamilton Place. It acquired from the Crown the lease along with the mews property opposite, Nos 8 and 9 Hamilton Place. A committee, with advisers from the Royal Institute of British Architects, was formed to make the necessary alterations to No.4 to make sure the premises were in keeping with the dignity of the Society and the original beauty of the house.
1982 Members: 13,528 / Address: West End / Had made a financial loss in year ending 1981. 
Sources of Information
- The Times, Jun 26, 1918
- The Engineer 1923/08/03
- The Engineer 1924/07/04
- 1933 Who's Who in British Aviation
- The Engineer 1982/10/07
-  RAeS