Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 142,957 pages of information and 228,875 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Difference between revisions of "Rubery and Co"

From Graces Guide

Jump to: navigation, search
 
Line 17: Line 17:
 
subsisting between the undersigned, [[Samuel Rubery]], [[John Tunner Rubery]], and [[Thomas William Rubery]], in the trade or business of Iron Merchants and Manufacturers of Ironwork, at Blockall, and at the Green, Darlaston, in the county of Stafford, under the style or firm of [[Rubery Brothers]], was, on the 29th day of February, 1888, dissolved by mutual consent."<ref>London Gazette 6 April 1888</ref>
 
subsisting between the undersigned, [[Samuel Rubery]], [[John Tunner Rubery]], and [[Thomas William Rubery]], in the trade or business of Iron Merchants and Manufacturers of Ironwork, at Blockall, and at the Green, Darlaston, in the county of Stafford, under the style or firm of [[Rubery Brothers]], was, on the 29th day of February, 1888, dissolved by mutual consent."<ref>London Gazette 6 April 1888</ref>
  
1893 The brothers were joined by an engineer [[Alfred Ernest Owen|Alfred Owen]].
+
1893 The Rubery brothers were joined by an engineer [[Alfred Ernest Owen|Alfred Owen]].
  
 
1896/7 Directory: Advertiser. [[Peck's Trades Directory of Birmingham, 1896-97: Advertisers|More detail]] <ref> [[Peck's Trades Directory of Birmingham, 1896-97: Advertisers]]</ref>
 
1896/7 Directory: Advertiser. [[Peck's Trades Directory of Birmingham, 1896-97: Advertisers|More detail]] <ref> [[Peck's Trades Directory of Birmingham, 1896-97: Advertisers]]</ref>

Latest revision as of 16:13, 13 July 2020

1899.
1900.
July 1900.
1901.
February 1902.
January 1903.
January 1903.
February 1903.

of Victoria Works, Darlaston, Birmingham

1884 Company founded by John Rubery and his two brothers, as an ironworks manufacturing gates and fences.

1888 "NOTICE is hereby given, that the Partnership heretofore subsisting between the undersigned, Samuel Rubery, John Tunner Rubery, and Thomas William Rubery, in the trade or business of Iron Merchants and Manufacturers of Ironwork, at Blockall, and at the Green, Darlaston, in the county of Stafford, under the style or firm of Rubery Brothers, was, on the 29th day of February, 1888, dissolved by mutual consent."[1]

1893 The Rubery brothers were joined by an engineer Alfred Owen.

1896/7 Directory: Advertiser. More detail [2]

1899 Motor Show exhibitor

1903 The company name of Rubery Owen was established.

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information