1841 Listed as spindle, fly and roller maker, Halton Street. House: 14 Ancoats Grove
1848 Machinist of Halton Street, Pollard Street, Manchester
1851 Adshead's 1851 Maps of Manchester Map 16 shows 'Samuel Bowler's Foundry' as a group of buildings, basically L-shaped, with a long narrow wing approx 100 yards long on the Ashton Canal, and the eastern wing on a short branch arm of the canal. A number of streets end at the works's southern boundary, namely Munday, Burke, and Walton streets. These streets served some densely-packed housing, including rows of back-to-back houses. Note: The 1849 O.S. map shows a different arrangement of factory buildings, and names Walton Street as Halton Street.
1886 Death notice: 'Harrison. —On the 17th inst., Thomas Harrison, upwards of 56 years in the employment of Samuel Bowler and Sons, Halton-street, Pollard-street, Ancoats, Manchester ; and it was his strong desire to return thanks to them for their kindness him through life.' 
Later use of site: The 1891 O.S. map shows that the premises had become Victoria Mills (Cotton). Goad's Plan shows the site, including the long canalside building, occupied by H. Stevenson and Son's card, box and printing works by 1928.
Sources of Information
- Pigot & Slater's Directory of Manchester & Salford, 1841
- Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser, 24th December 1886