Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 115342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

T. Saunders

From Graces Guide
Revision as of 09:26, 22 April 2019 by PaulF (talk | contribs) (→‎Sources of Information)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

of Dublin

Scientific instrument maker.

1794 Advert: 'T. SAUNDERS, Mathematical, Philosophical, Optical, and Nautical Instrument Maker, from the celebrated Mr. Ramsden, London, TAKES the liberty of acquainting the learned, curious and lovers or professors of very branch of mechanic arts, that has opened a shop at No. 53, Dame-street, corner of Shaw’s-court, where he is completely assorted with every necessary instrument in the above respective lines - such as electrical machines, with a great variety of apparatus, theodolites, circumferenters, for day or night, microscopes, thermometers, magic lanterns, spectacles, reading and opera glasses, mounted in silver, steel, tortoise shell, See. In great varieties, and suited every defect of sight; mariners’ compasses, azimuths, quadrants, &c. all of the most improved construction ; with pocket instruments, &c. &c. —all which he will sell on the lowest terms. He has, by particular favour, procured a dividing-plate from the Engine in London, by the help of which he can graduate any instrument with perfect accuracy. He makes any instrument according to any particular order, and repairs any when hurt or defective.'[1]

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. Saunders's News-Letter, 8 March 1794