Victor Ashby and Son
of Pioneer Motor Works, Towcester and Barlow Moor Road, Chorlton-cum-Hardy
1901 February. Produced an experimental car. Illustrated.
1919-21 Produced less than fifty Ashby cars
1925 Introduced a 2 hp / 550 rpm engine 
After returning from the First World War the Victor Stapleton Ashby designed a cyclecar that came to the attention of aeroplane makers Short Brothers. Short Brothers employed six Ashby staff members, with the car being known as the Short-Ashby in 1921. Short Brothers withdrew their support in 1922 owing to poor sales. The Ashbys then moved to Chorlton-cum-Hardy, where production of a two-seater light car powered by a 970 cc 8 hp engine, three-speed gearbox or four-ratio friction drive, continued until 1924.