Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 142,989 pages of information and 229,205 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
W. S. Laycock of Levygreave Road and Victoria Works, Gell Street, Sheffield were Railway Carriage Fittings and Appliance Manufacturers in 1901 
1884 Company established by William Samuel Laycock in Victoria Street, Sheffield
1893 Introduced a system for train heating using steam from the locomotive with storage reservoirs in each compartment
1900 Incorporated as a limited company. Supplied equipment to every railway company in the world, the main specialities being carriage blinds, buckeye automatic couplers, vestibule gangway connections, and steam-heating equipment for complete trains.
1902 After several enlargements, works were opened at Millhouses, adjoining the Midland Railway.
1914 Manufacturers of railway specialities. Specialities: blinds, ventilators, window lifts, steam heating, automatic couplers and all classes of railway carriage fittings. Employees 400. 
WWI Production of war munitions
1917 the firm secured a contract to produce aircraft engines, which necessitated the building of an additional large machine shop, tool room, etc.
1919 Commissioned an engine works for cars, which had been established during the war to make aeroplane engines
1923 A scheme of arrangement was proposed with debenture holders and creditors
Because of the slump in the early 1920s, car production was discontinued.
At some point the business became Laycock Engineering Co