Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,942 pages of information and 233,606 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Coal mining company, of Aberdare House, Cardiff
1929 The largest merger in the Welsh coalfields took place, bring together all of the collieries of Guest, Keen and Nettlefolds with those of the David R. Llewellyn Group except for North's Navigation Collieries Ltd, tentatively called Associated Welsh Collieries
1929 Cambrian Collieries Ltd merged with other coalmining companies to form Welsh Associated Collieries
1930 28 January: Agreement between shareholders in Gueret, Llewellyn and Merrett Ltd., D. Davies and Sons Ltd., Bwllfa and Cwmaman Collieries Ltd., Llewellyn (Nixon) Ltd., Llewellyn (Plymouth) Ltd., Llewellyn (Cyfarthfa) Ltd., Troedyrhiw Coal Co Ltd., D. R. Llewellyn and Sons Ltd., The Aberdare Craig Coal Co Ltd., The Duffryn Rhondda (1929) Ltd., The Cynon Coal Co. Ltd., and Guest, Keen and Nettlefolds Ltd., to amalgamate forming Welsh Associated Collieries.
1933 Owned the Britannic mine at Gilfach Goch, the Cambrian Navigation, Nos. 1, 3 & 4, at Clydach Vale, the Dowlais-Cardiff mine at Abercynon, the Llwynypia mine at Tonypandy, the Tower mine at Hirwain, the Trane & Llewellyn mine at Gilfach Goch
1936 Welsh Associated Collieries were absorbed into the Powell Duffryn Associated Collieries.