at Wetheral, near Carlisle.
Also known as Corby Bridge or Corby Beck Viaduct. It was built by the Newcastle and Carlisle Railway to cross the river Eden.
Begun in 1830, completed in 1834.
It is 660 feet (200 m) long and 100 feet (30 m) high. Five 89 feet (27 m) spans faced with red sandstone.
It still carries the double-track Tyne Valley Line. a cast iron footway was added to the north face connecting Wetheral with Great Corby. This was added to the north face in 1851.