at Wetheral, near Carlisle.
Also known as Corby Bridge (not the same as Corby Beck Viaduct). It was built by the Newcastle and Carlisle Railway to cross the river Eden.
Begun in 1830, completed in 1834.
It is 660 feet (200 m) long and 100 feet (30 m) high. Five 89 feet (27 m) spans faced with red sandstone.
It still carries the double-track Tyne Valley Line. In 1851 a footway was added by Peter Tate, cantilevered from the north face, providing pedestrian access between Wetheral and Great Corby.