William Edwards and Son (Wolverhampton)
of Griffin Works, Wolverhampton, makers of the Best brand.
William Edwards set up a small edge-tool business that rapidly grew to a large size.
c1845 Griffin Works was built for edge-tool maker, William Edwards & Son.
1851 of Victoria Works, Dudley Road.
The firm produced a wide range of products including edge tools, spades, shovels, plantation hoes, garden tools, axes, adzes, pick axes, crowbars, railway and contractor’s tools, wrought iron barrow wheels, and all kinds of hammers. The company also became a contractor of horse shoes to the government.
c1870s Acquired New Griffin Works in Colliery Road.
1913 New Griffin Works were sold to the Vulcan Manufacturing Co.
Griffin Works were taken over by Edmund Vaughan Stampings, and were later called Falcon Works. The buildings were demolished in the 1990s.
Later seems to have moved to Oldbury: William Edwards and Son (Oldbury)