William Lloyd's Cycles
William Lloyd's Cycles, of Freeman Street, Birmingham
Like many other firms of that time, they adopted the two-stroke 269cc Villiers engine. With an Albion two-speed gearbox and belt final-drive, the specification was simple and lasted until well after the Great War. Although a single-speed version was available in 1921, the make had gone by 1922.
By 1940 W. A. Lloyd Cycles were making Dreadnought cycles
Sources of Information
- The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press 2004 ISBN 1 86126 674 X