William Mander Sparrow
William Mander Sparrow (1812-1881)
1881 Obituary 
Mr. WILLIAM MANDER SPARROW was the eldest son of W. Hanbury Sparrow, Esq. of Penn, county of Stafford, of Albrighton Hall, county of Salop, and Campston, county of Monmouth, by his first wife, Caroline Hander.
He was born in 1812, and died at Albrighton Hall in February 1881. He inherited estates in the above-named counties from his father, and owned the Horsely Fields Iron and Tin Plate Works, and the Osier Bed blast furnaces at Wolverhampton.
Deceased was not only one of the best known ironmasters in South Staffordshire, but he also held several important public offices. He was a Justice of the Peace for the counties of Stafford and Salop, a Deputy-Lieutenant for the county of Stafford, and served the office of High Sheriff for that county in 1873. In the latter year his workmen subscribed for and presented him with his portrait.
Mr. Sparrow was one of the original members of the Iron and Steel Institute, and continued in membership until his death.