Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 140,320 pages of information and 227,382 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Rochester, Kent, makers of cement.
1851 William Tingey opened the Frindsbury Cement Works; it was later renamed the Quarry Works.
1860 He bought out the Crown Cement works and his family effectively had control of all the local works.
1881 Employing eight hands 
1882 Listed as 'Tingey, William, Portland and Roman cement manufacturer' and of 'Frindsbury, Rochester' and of 'Sunny Side, West Hill, Gravesend' 
1883 Company was a small cement manufacturer based at the Frindsbury Cement Works. It was during this year that they registered their first trademark for Portland Cement.
1900 Tingey and 24 other small cement manufacturers merged to form Associated Portland Cement Manufacturers