Yorkshire Imperial Metals
1928 British Copper Manufacturers Limited were taken over by ICI
1958 Yorkshire Imperial Metals was incorporated as a joint venture between ICI and Yorkshire Copper Works. The Swansea works became part of the newly formed company as was the Yorkshire Copper Works of Leeds and the plate, tube, and fittings interests of ICI
1963 Purchased Whites-Nunan Ltd.
1966 Purchased W. H. Bailey and Co.
1969 Part of IMI Group
1971 Was making non-ferrous tubes, fittings, and plates at the Kingston Works, Smethwick (renamed the Allen Everitt Works) in 1971.
1980 Continued to operate the (Yorkshire) copperworks until it was closed in 1980
Sources of Information
- The Times, May 15, 1962
- The Times May 27, 1963