Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 133,786 pages of information and 211,899 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Aeolus of Comeragh Road, London were motorcycles produced from 1903 to 1905 and 1914 to 1915.
1903-1905 E. H. Owen of the The Motor Transport Co, Comeragh Road, London, designed and built the 492cc machine. The difference between this machine and most others was a shaft drive that incorporated a form of clutch. The machine was short lived.
1914-1915 The name reappeared on a simple model with a 269cc two-stroke engine and petroil lubrication. It had similar specifications to the Bown make, which was reportedly manufactured at the Aeolus works. Nothing more was heard of Aeolus motorcycles after 1915, and it is presumed that the company turned to war work.