Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 133,811 pages of information and 211,901 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
W. R. Heighton of Elton, near Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, produced various motorcycles in the early years of the twentieth century.
Arion were motorcycles produced in 1903. The design was very primitive and so the machine was short-lived.
Heighton was a motorcycle produced from 1904 to 1905. This machine was a forecar powered by a 4hp Rex water-cooled engine driving a two-speed gear.
Vinco motorcycles were produced from 1903 to 1905.
1903 A 211cc 2.75 Minerva engine was hung from the down-tube. One machine was used in an 'End-to-End' attempt, but retired.
1904 A 3.5hp model was added, plus a forecar powered by a 4hp Rex. It was also sold as a Heighton.
1905 'Heighton's Depots, Limited (82,985) was registered December 22nd, with a capital of £2,000 in £1 shares, to acquire the business of cycle and motor agents, dealers and repairers, vendors of gramophones, etc„ carried on at 51, Westgate and 24, Long Causeway, Peterborough, and at Bridge Street, Thrapston, all in Northamptonshire; at West Street, Bourne, Lincolnshire; and at Market Street, Whittlesea, Cambridge; and all or any of the assets of W. R. Heighton, Limited, except book debts, in respect thereof, and to carry on the same and any kindred business. There was no initial public issue. The first directors, to number not less than two nor more than five, are W. R. Heighton and J. R. Holmes. Remuneration (except to Managing Director), as fixed by the company. Registered office: 51, Westgate, Peterborough'
1905 Acting manager is Bernard C. Holmes