July 1961. Index to contents.
Note: This is a sub-section of the Automobile Engineer
- 243. Editorial - Octane Requirement—Excessive Scatter
- 244. Ferguson Racing Car Part I: The engine and transmission system of a 1.5 litre vehicle built by Harry Ferguson Research Ltd. for experimental purposes
- 253. Lucas Electrical Developments - Immersed fuel pump, motor-driven cooling fan with thermostatic control, and three-blade windscreen wiper - Joseph Lucas
- 256. Alternators for Vehicles - General principles and design considerations - W. D. Sutherland
- 262. Aluminium for Cylinder Blocks - Some relevant metallurgical and foundry aspects - J. R. Hall
- 264. Books - Brief comments on recent foreign publications that are of interest to automobile engineers
- 266. Methods of Assembly with Plastics - Materials now becoming available afford greater scope for rapid assembly and finishing operations
- 273. Special Purpose Truck - A vehicle in which mechanical handling equipment for discharging the load is incorporated - Bonallack and Sons
- 274. Larrad Hydrajaws - Multi-point, hydraulically- compensated, closed-circuit, clamping units for use in machine vices. Variants include hydraulically-operated clamps and some work-holding fixtures - Larrad (Hydrajaws)
- 275. Aluminium Holding Furnaces Wild-Barfield induction- heated, mains-frequency units specially developed for use in the Alumasc low-pressure diecasting process - Wild-Barfield Electric Furnaces and Alumasc.
- 277. Hartex - Centreless Grinding Machines New models have a wheel balancer and a compensator for wheel-dressing angles - Hartex Gmbh, Berlin.
- 280. Machine Tool Research - New applied research department set up by Alfred Herbert Ltd, at Coventry
- 283. Current Patents - Selected abstracts of recently issued specifications
Sources of Information