August 1962. Front cover.
August 1962. Index to contents.
Note: This is a sub-section of the Automobile Engineer
- Editorial. To Turbocharge or Not? 287
- B.M.W. V-Eight Engines. Aluminium cylinder block and head castings are among the features of three German 2-6 and 3-2 //7re power units of high quality 288
- The Cylinder Head Gasket. Some of the design aspects, with particular reference to the employment of thin tissue gaskets of a relatively soft basic material S. TEUCHER 298
- Tyre Testing. A circulating power system developed for the testing of tyres under drive and overrun conditions simultaneously 304
- Hillman Convertible. Details of comprehensive structural reinforcements on latest Super Minx model 307
- Electric Impulse Tachometer. Transistors and a printed circuit are features of the latest Smiths instrument, production of which has recently started 308
- Post-Graduate Training. Engine and torsional vibration test equipment and unconventional power unit analysis 310
- Spenklin Milling Machine Vice. Compact, self-contained, hydraulically operated work holder, with two-stage action and independent jaws 313
- Borg-Warner Transmission Production. Notes on the processes used in the manufacture of the model 35 automatic transmission unit 314
- Multi-Purpose Cutting Oil. New grade of Shell Macron oil serves also as lubricant, coolant and hydraulic medium 321
- Aluminium Pressure Diecastings. Layout of foundry at Delta Diecastings Ltd. affords flexibility, high production capacity and wide range of products 322
- New Plant and Tools. Recent interesting developments in production equipment 324
Sources of Information