December 1962. Front cover.
December 1962. Index to contents.
Note: This is a sub-section of the Automobile Engineer
- Editorial. This is the Question!. 493
- DAF 750 and Daffodil Part II: The propeller shaft, power-divider, Variomatic automatic transmission and secondary reduction gearing 494
- Car Tyre and Body Vibrations. Recordings on magnetic tape, and subsequent power spectra analyses with an analogue computer, used to compare the effects of standard and radial cord tyres A. CHIESA and L. OBERTO 501
- Colour in Motion. Part I: Fundamental principles of the perception of colour: the technicalities of colour mixing: reasons for colour preferences; and harmony and discord in colour A. GARRETT 507
- Armstrong Selectaride Suspension Dampers. Details of an electrical control for adjustment by the driver of piston type and telescopic units 512
- Retractable Hardtop. Roof unit stowed externally by means of the simple and compact A.H.C. mechanism 515
- Chrysler Regenerative Gas Turbine. Heat exchanger and variable pitch turbine nozzles in latest CR2A engine 516
- Broaching Developments. Lapointe introduce the largest and fastest surface broaching machine and also manufacture the largest internal broach built in Britain 520
- High Energy Forging Press. Double action unit, introduced by U.S. Industries Inc, is actuated by the sudden release of compressed nitrogen gas 524
- Die Handling Machine. Device for holding and fuming dies during manufacture or maintenance, and suitable as a tryout press 527
- Finishing Final Drive Gears. At Leyland Motors Ltd. a battery of large Roto-finish barrelling machines is wholly engaged in de-scaling and polishing crown wheels and pinions for commercial vehicles 528
- Current Patents. Selected abstracts of recently issued specifications 531
Sources of Information