Bath Green Park Railway Station





in Bath
A former terminus Midland Railway and Somerset and Dorset Joint Railway station, opened as Queen Square Station in 1870, renamed Green Park in 1951, and closed in 1966. The main building has been preserved. The train shed and former trackbed to the west is used as a supermarket car park, approached by the former bridge over the River Avon.
Designed by J. S. Crossley. The ironwork was supplied by Andrew Handyside and Co in 1869. Centre span 66ft, side spans 23ft.[1]
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ [1] 'Works in Iron: Bridge and Roof Structures' by Ewing Matheson of Andrew Handyside and Son, 1873, p.263