Beam Aqueduct



Carried the Rolle Canal across the River Torridge. Now used to take a private road to Beam House.
Built between 1824 and 1827, it continued in use for the canal until replaced by the railway in 1872.
The engineer was James Green.
Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Carried the Rolle Canal across the River Torridge. Now used to take a private road to Beam House.
Built between 1824 and 1827, it continued in use for the canal until replaced by the railway in 1872.
The engineer was James Green.
Grace's Guide web site design is Copyright © 2025 by Grace's Guide Ltd. The text of this web site is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
MW1.43