Beecham Research Laboratories
of Brockham Park, Surrey.
Part of the Beecham Group
1943 Beechams, previously a patent medicine company, decided to focus more on improving its research
1945 Acquired Brockham Park in Surrey for its laboratories.
1947 The laboratories were officially opened
Brockham Park became the headquarters of Beecham Pharmaceuticals Research Division and its Chemotherapeutic Research Centre. It became famous for the discovery of the penicillin nucleus, 6-aminopenicillanic acid, and the subsequent development of semi-synthetic penicillins.
The site was sold in the mid 1990s for housing development.
Sources of Information
- History of Brockham Park