Booth of Putney, London produced motorcycles 1901-03.
1901 The first models were manufactured using De Dion and Minerva engines. They were mainly built to specification and included a ladies' model for a Mrs Hulbert. It had an open bicycle-frame and other revised details to suit.
1903 Frank Hulbert rode a Booth in the ACU 1,000-mile trial. Also riding in that trial was S. Bramley Moore who took over the firm and, using the existing range, changed the name to Hulbert Bramley Motor Co. They then changed to using a 2.75hp Minerva engine.
Sources of Information
- The British Motorcycle Directory - Over 1,100 Marques from 1888 - by Roy Bacon and Ken Hallworth. Pub: The Crowood Press 2004 ISBN 1 86126 674 X
- The Encyclopedia of the Motorcycle by Peter Henshaw. Published 2007. ISBN 978 1 8401 3967 9