Broughton Bridge Ironworks
in Salford
c.1874-1881 Occupied by F. G. Wood, makers of vertical boilers and combined engines and boilers, and from 1882 by C. Wilden, King and Co, later by Bell and Co (1894, 1895), J. S. Leach and Co, and Donovan and Co (Salford).
Hodder and Bullock were occupants from 1888.
1882 Advert: 'VERTICAL BOILERS and ENGINES always in Stock and progress. C. WILDEN, KING & Co., Broughton Bridge Ironworks, Manchester.'[1]
1883 Partnership dissolved. '... the Partnership heretofore subsisting between us the undersigned, Charles Wilden King the younger and Jenkin Lewis Thomas, trading together as Engineers and Boiler Makers, under the style or firm of the Broughton Bridge Iron Works Company, in Salford, in the county of Lancaster, is this day dissolved by mutual consent...'[2]
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ Sheerness Guardian and East Kent Advertiser - Saturday 29 July 1882
- ↑ The London Gazette Publication date:23 March 1883 Issue:25215 Page:1647