C. and H. Crichton

of Huskisson Engine Works, Victoria Road, Liverpool
1880 Company founded by Charles Crichton
1899 Advertising as Engineers, Boilermakers and Ship Repairers.
1921 Private company.
1922 Advertising as C. & H. Crichton (1921) Ltd., Ship Repairers and Marine Engineers, Huskisson Engine Works, 4-10 Derby Road, Liverpool.
1949 Name changed.
1961 Ship repairers and marine engineers. 1,200 employees. [1]
The 1890/1893 25" O.S. map here[2] shows the Huskisson Engine Works occupying a small site bounded on the west by Victoria Street, on the north by Grundy Street, and on the south east by a lane and a railway viaduct. On the other side of Victoria Street was the much larger Victoria Engine Works.
See Also
Sources of Information
- ↑ 1961 Dun and Bradstreet KBE
- ↑ [1] National Library of Scotland: Old Maps: Lancashire CVI.6 Surveyed 1890, Published 1893. Premises are at lower left on the map, to the east of the High Level Junction