Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,138 pages of information and 233,396 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of 65 Bridge Street, Westminster
1837 Charles Collinge had taken over his father's extensive premises and continued the business making axle trees, sugar mills, spherical hinges, etc (see advert)
1843 Charles Collinge died.
1851 Award at the 1851 Great Exhibition. Exhibited a simple method of reversing the slide of an engine. See details at 1851 Great Exhibition: Reports of the Juries: Class V.
1857 Dissolution of the Partnership between Arthur Collinge and John Imray, as Engineers and Patent Axle Manufacturers, carrying on business at Nos. 64 and 65, Bridge-road, Lambeth, under the firm of Charles Collinge and Company. John Imray continued the business.
Known as Collinge Engineering Works
1867 Imray left the business.
Became Whieldon, Lecky and Lucas