Cliff Quay Power Station
Designed to supplement the earlier Ipswich Power Station
1939 Station sanctioned in March.
1945 Construction began by the Ipswich Corporation.
1948 ownership and construction became the responsibility of the British Electricity Authority.
1949 The first generating set was commissioned in March, the rest at intervals through to 1952.
The station had a total installed generating capacity of 276 MW, consisting of six 46 MW turbo generators made by Metropolitan-Vickers. The station's nine boilers were made by Babcock Power Ltd, and burned pulverised bituminous coal.
1982 A fire caused major damage to the station.
1985 It finally closed.
Sources of Information
-  Wikipedia