Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 135,270 pages of information and 216,057 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Coventry Mascot were motorcycles produced from 1922 to 1923 at Stoke, in Coventry.
1922 It was the first Coventry firm to utilize the Barr and Stroud sleeve-valve engine, when, in May of that year, they introduced a 349cc model. To clear the central exhaust stub on the engine, the frame was given a bifurcated front down-tube. It also had Maplestone forks and Webb internal expanding brakes front and rear. A two-speed Burman gearbox with belt final-drive provided the transmission.
1922 Jack Williamson, son of the proprietor of the Guildhall Garage, Salthouse Lane, Hull, raced them competitively. It is probable that the Guildhall Garage were the only agent for Coventry Mascot.
1923 Further options were introduced, in the form of three-speeds; a Bentley and Draper spring frame with shock-absorbers; and a 349cc ohv Bradshaw model with all-chain drive. Following that, they withdrew from the market.
1924 The factory closed