Crossley and Co
of Johnstone, Ayrshire.
1897 On the retirement of Clifton, the name of the firm was changed to Crossley and Company.
1901 The works were moved to Manchester. At that time the drilling and boring machines, which Mr. Crossley had patented, were built by Messrs. George Richards and Company, of Broadheath.
Subsequently the firm was converted into a limited liability company.
Charles Crossley continued as a director until his death in 1941
Sources of Information
- The Edinburgh Gazette 23 April 1897
- Obituary of Charles William Bate Crossley