Fairbairn, Macpherson and Co
of Wellington Foundry, Leeds.
1900 Fairbairn, Naylor, Macpherson and Co was combined with 2 others into a new company as Fairbairn Lawson Combe Barbour, Limited, of Belfast and Leeds. Fairbairn, Macpherson and Co was the Leeds branch of the firm, at the Wellington Foundry.
Manufacturer of machinery for the preparing and spinning of flax, hemp, tow, jute, and waste silk, and for the manufacture of twines, and rope yarns, and the stranding and laying of hemp or manilla ropes. Also makers of machine tools for general engineering purposes, and of special tools for ordnance and railway work.
Sources of Information
- The Engineer 1922/10/13