Firth Cleveland Instruments
1957 Firth Cleveland Instruments was formed as a wholly owned subsidiary of Simmonds Aerocessories to represent the growing range of instruments in the group.
1961 Firth Cleveland failed in its attempt to purchase the remaining shares in Solartron Electronic Group. Then sold its shareholding to Schlumberger Inc of USA. In view of poor profits, Firth Cleveland decided to exit instrumentation and sold Firth Cleveland Instruments to Elliott Automation but the business would continue from the same site under the name Elliott (Treforest).