Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 135,579 pages of information and 217,134 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Henry Bamford and Sons of Uttoxeter
1871 Land on the south side of the town known as the Leighton district, close to the North Staffordshire Railway, was acquired, later to become the Leighton Ironworks.
1881 Employing 50 men, 10 boys and 3 women 
In 1881, the Bamford catalogue ran to forty pages and listed a complete range of “agricultural machinery, patent chain and lift pumps, etc.”
By 1883, the company had expanded considerably and had purchased the Lichfield Agricultural Co
1890 June. Royal Agricultural Society’s Disintegrator and Grist Mill Trials.
By 1891, it became necessary to obtain more factory space due to the increased demand for Bamford products.
1893 The Leighton Ironworks now covered an area of 10 acres and employed 400 people.
1894 Catalogue of Bamford's 'rapid' Grinding and Crushing Mills and Split Pulley. (H. Bamford and Sons)
1900 June. Royal Agricultural Show at York. Showed a self-feeding chaff cutter
1910 Horse drawn reaper exhibit
1912 The erection of a new foundry at a cost of £70,000
1916 The business of Henry Bamford & Sons was converted into a Private Limited Company.
1920 Up until this date the company had only manufactured agricultural machinery but now they commenced making stationary engines field with the introduction of two horizontal oil engines of 2.5 and 5/6 b.h.p.
1931 500 people were now employed
1937 Manufacturers of diesel, petrol and paraffin engines.
1958 Became public company.
1961 Manufacturers of balers, mowers, side rakes, swath turners and haymaking machinery, manure spreaders, disc harrows, seed drills, root cutters and cleaners, mills, diesel, petrol and V.O. engines, lighting sets. 700 employees.
The company went into liquidation a few years later.