Horkstow suspension bridge is of wrought iron and timber construction and crosses the River Ancholme in Humberside. It was designed by John Rennie and although he designed many bridges, notably those in London, this was his only suspension bridge. The proposal was part of the New River Ancholme Drainage Scheme, by which the River Ancholme, was straightened, widened and deepened. Existing small bridges with many arches were replaced by single-span structures, and the locks at Ferriby Sluice were enlarged. It was completed in 1836 under the supervision of Adam Smith and is now owned and maintained by the Environment Agency. 
The ironwork was supplied by Messrs John and Edward Walker of Gospel Oak Ironworks, Tipton, Staffordshire.
Grade II* listed. See English Heritage listing.