of Tipton, Staffordshire
Bridge and roof builders, ironfounders and general constructional engineers.
See Horseley Ironworks.
1848 Charles Holcroft begin his career in the drawing office of the Horseley Engineering Works
1855 A cast iron bridge over the canal at Brades Village, West Bromwich, displays its origin as 'HORSELEY COMPANY TIPTON 1855'.
c.1860 John Spencer started work for the business
1863 Samuel Spencer joined the business
1871 Dissolution of the Partnership between Robert Broad and Joseph Edward Harrison, carrying on business at the Horseley Works, Tipton, as Engineers and Ironfounders, under the style of the Horseley Company; the business was to be carried by Robert Broad alone
1874 John Spencer became Assistant Manager after the death of the proprietor of the company, Mr Robert Broad.
The concern later turned into a limited liability company; Charles Holcroft became a director.
1873 The company was registered on 18 December, to take over the business of engineers, of a firm carried on under the same title. 
1878 Took over the business of Peter Duckworth Bennett who became Managing Director and Engineer.
1886 Built an iron girder bridge for the Buenos Ayres & Ensenada Port Railway's crossing over the River Riachuelo 
1889 April. Series of articles and illustrations in The Engineer of the Antofagasta Railway Viaduct built in Bolivia 
1896/7 Directory: Listed for Railway Equipment. 
1924 The Horseley Bridge and Engineering Co Ltd of Dudley Port, Tipton, Staffs, appointed Mr. L. Harper to fill the position of London representative of the company in place of Mr. H. L. Batting who retired early on March 31st due to ill health and after 40 years of service to the firm.
By 1930 Thomas Piggott and Co was a subsidiary
Sources of Information
-  Blog: 'What Lies Beneath Rattlechain Lagoon?'
- London Gazette 11 Aug 1871
- The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908
- 'The Engineer' 29th October 1886
- The Engineer 1889/04/19 The Engineer 1889/04/26
- Peck's Trades Directory of Birmingham, 1896-97:Railway Equipment
- The Times, 15 March 1920
- The Engineer 1924/03/28