Huncoat Power Station
1948 A new generating station was to be constructed by the British Electricity Authority at Huncoat, Accrington, with ultimate capacity of 120,000kW. The initial equipment would be would be two 30,000kW turbo-alternators, generating at llkV, stepped up to 33 kV through machine transformers. There would be three pulverised fuel (coal) boilers. The principal consulting engineers were Messrs. Kennedy and Donkin; Mouchel and Partners, Ltd., were responsible to them for civil engineering works.
1952 The new plant was commissioned and the old one closed down - see Accrington Electricity Works
By 1967 the station capacity was 150 MW
1984 the Huncoat station was closed down