James Hunter (of Arbroath) (c.1806-1857) and his son George Hunter (of Arbroath) (b.1831)
The Hunters were prolific and successful inventors of stone-cutting machinery.
- See here for I. G. Isherwood's excellent account of the life and work of James and George Hunter.
- 1855 Improvements in stone-cutting machinery.
- 1859 Stone cutting machine by J&G Hunter of Coleford described and illustrated . It had a large circular saw with replaceable teeth. The workpiece was fixed to table which was traversed on rollers.
Sources of Information
- ↑  aditnow website: The Hunter Machines by J. G. Isherwood (49 page pdf)
- ↑ * Mechanics Magazine Volume LXIII (63) 1855 Pt2
- ↑ The Practical Mechanic's Journal, 1 October 1859