John Hopkinson and Son
About 1880 John Hopkinson (1824-1902) entered into business with his son (Mr. Charles Hopkinson, C.E.), as a consulting engineer, under the style of Messrs. John Hopkinson and Son. Ernest Talbot became the principal assistant, connected with various works, chiefly installations of electric lighting and electric traction.
After his father retired, Charles continued in practice with his brother, John.
1898 On the death of John Hopkinson (1849 - 1898), Mr. Talbot entered into partnership with Messrs. Charles and Bertram Hopkinson, to carry on the consulting practice, as Hopkinsons and Talbot of London and Manchester.
Involved in the electrification and extension of the Newcastle-on-Tyne Tramway system and of the Leeds Tramway system; and also advised upon or carried out electric lighting or tramway schemes for the Corporations of Salford, Stockport, and Crewe, and the District Councils of Sale, Hindley, and Ambleside.
1903 the partnership was dissolved by mutual consent