Kearney and Trecker-C. V. A.
1933 Private company established in Hove: C. V. A. Jigs Moulds and Tools
1946 Company made public.
1957 Kearney and Trecker Corporation acquired some shares
1960 Name changed to Kearney and Trecker-C. V. A.
1961 Manufacturers of tools, dies, machine tools and special purpose machinery. 2,500 employees. 
1966 Kearney and Trecker Corporation acquired the shares it did not already own. The name was changed to Kearney & Trecker; the headquarters were moved to Hollingbury.
1972 The rights to the Auto Lathes were sold to Brown and Sharpe Ltd of Plymouth, ending almost 50 years of manufacture of CVA machine tools. Auto production in Brighton would be gradually wound down over the following two and a half years. This would allow the company to concentrate on Kearney & Trecker numerical control and automotive machines.
1973 the Portland Road site was closed.
Sources of Information
- The Times, Mar 16, 1960
- 1961 Dun and Bradstreet KBE
- CVA history