of Slade Works, Cricklewood; of 28 Brook St, London
c.1914 William Lawton Goodman started a new company, Lawton-Goodman, took over the defunct name of Whitlock and moved to new premises in Slade Works, Cricklewood, North London. Two new models were announced, initially called Lawtons but soon changed to Whitlock; before production could be established war broke out.
WWI During the war years the company concentrated on building ambulances, both on their own and on other makers' chassis, and fuselages for De Havilland DH4 aircraft.
1920 Advertised cars of various maker for sale
1922 Advertised all-weather bodies in stock for a range of cars
1924 T. Lawton-Goodman, in a Whitlock car, was awarded a silver medal after the London-Exeter trial
1924 a new range of cars was announced still using bought-in mechanical components. The smallest was the 11, 12 or 12/35 built until 1925, using a Coventry Climax (or Coventry Simplex) engine of 1368 cc or an Anzani engine of 1,496 cc.
1924 The 14, also called the 16/50, with a six cylinder 1755 cc or 1991 cc Coventry Climax was built from 1924 to 1926
1932 William Lawton-Goodman died in 1932 but his sons carried on the business turning to commercial vehicle bodies but continuing some car body work.
WWII During the Second World War they returned again to making ambulances.
1945 They seem to have changed to making mobile shops and ice cream vans, continuing to the early 1980s, after which they concentrated on repairs.
1953 Car and Light Commercial Vehicle Stockists, Car and Goods Body Builders. 36, North Audley Street, London, W.1. Factory at 135, Cricklewood Broadway, London, N.W.2. Director: Thomas Lawton-Goodman (Managing). .
1991 the lease on Slade Works ran out and the company closed.
One Whitlock car is known to survive.