Leeds Engineering and Hydraulic Co
Pumps and hydraulics, of Rodley, Leeds.
1866 Leeds Engineering and Hydraulic Co was founded; it produced slow speed hydraulic pumps and equipment, typical of the time.
1895 A 1250 ton hydraulic press illustrated in Neuere Schmiedepressen, 1895
1896 of Providence Works, Cross Stamford Street, Leeds
The brothers Frank and John Towler worked for the company
1917 Advert. Hydraulic machinery and pumping plant
1919 Advert. Hydraulic machinery and pumping plant
1927 Advert. Hydraulic machinery and pumping plant
1931 Frank and John Towler formed Electraulic Presses Limited
Later the Towlers bought a controlling interest in Leeds Engineering and Hydraulic.
Early 1930s: The Towler brothers developed a high-speed oil hydraulic pump of high volumetric efficiency and capable of operating at high pressures.
1935 Towler Brothers (Patents) Limited was formed by Frank and John, to exploit the newly developing market of the changeover from water to oil as a medium for transmitting power. They were pioneers in the field, especially to operate the systems at much higher pressures, although this was not an easy sell.
1935 Leeds Engineering was acquired by Joseph Booth and Brothers
Sources of Information
-  1250-t-Schmiedepresse der Leeds Company in article 'Neuere Schmiedepressen' Polytechnischen Journals, 1895, Band 297 (pp. 248–254
- Mechanical World Year Book 1917. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p174
- Mechanical World Year Book 1919. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p210
- Mechanical World Year Book 1927. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p148
- History of Towler-Fraser