Mackenzie and Co (Edinburgh)
of Gilmore Park, Edinburgh
1886 Listed as Mackenzie & Co., general iron founders, Gilmore Foundry, Gilmore Park, Edinburgh
Note: Gilmore Park is the name of a short road running from Fountain Bridge (road) to the Union Canal, and now crosses the canal by the Leamington Lift Bridge. The 1877 map (see photo) shows an iron foundry on the east side of this road, which presumably was, or became, Mackenzie's. The site has been cleared for development.
Sources of Information
- Post Office Edinburgh and Leith Directory 1886-7