Matthew T. Shaw and Co
of West Ferry Road, Millwall, London E, iron merchants, and later as contractors.
1850 (or soon after) Company founded by Matthew Turner Shaw
1856 Matthew T. Shaw, in business as iron and steel merchants in George St, Mansion House, London
1859 of 64 Cannon Street, London EC.
1868 of 142 Cannon Street, London Bridge, London EC.
1871 M. T. Shaw, Head and Co was dissolved.
1879 Messrs. Matthew T. Shaw & Co., of Cannon Street, supplied wrought iron girders and cast iron columns for a multi-storey building.
1886 Death of Matthew T. Shaw, senior partner in a business at 139, 141 Cannon St.
1886 Of London Constructional Iron and Bridge Works, Millwall.
1887-9 Responsible for some unusual structural ironwork in the Terry, Court and Garrick Theatres, needed to fit these tall buildings into a limited space without too many internal pillears.
1895 Private limited company.
1914 Constructional Engineers, Bridge Builders. Specialities: high-class constructional steel and ironwork, bridges, roofing, girders, sheds, tanks, forgings. Employees 25. 
1937 Structural engineers. 
1961 Structural engineers and structural steel work fabricators. 
Sources of Information
- 1856 Post Office Directory
- Obituary 1880 Institution of Civil Engineers, Minutes of the Proceedings
- The Architect, vol 10, 1879
- The Times, 25 August 1886
- The British Architect, 15 October 1886
- 1914 Whitakers Red Book
- 1937 The Aeroplane Directory of the Aviation and Allied Industries
- 1961 Dun and Bradstreet KBE