of Salop House, Oswestry
Known as 'Mowddwy' in the Railway Act.
1908 The line is 7 miles in length. For the past several years passenger traffic has been suspended and the company is only working goods. 
Visited Meirion Mill (on the site of Dinas Mawddwy Railway Station) today, and found a cast-iron water-crane with controls, presumably a relic of the Mawddwy Railway which was built 1866-7 and finally closed in 1951. It bears a plate reading "Rd Kitchen Warrington", and, although it does not seem to be mentioned nor pictured in the well-researched "The Mawddwy, Van & Kerry Branches" by Cozens, Kidner & Poole (Oakwood 2004), it would seem to be authentic both as built by the Kitchen Ironworks, and at this location.
Sources of Information
- Encyclopedia of British Railway Companies by Christopher Awdry. Published 1990
- The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908
-  Wikipedia