of Oswestry, Salop.
The company was formed by an amalgamation of several other companies:
1864 Company incorporated. Amalgamation
- Oswestry, Ellesmere and Welshpool Railway
- Oswestry and Newtown Railway
- Llanidloes and Newtown Railway
- Newtown and Machynlleth Railway 
1865 Aberystwyth and Welsh Coast Railway absorbed.
1870 Salon carriage built at Oswestry for Earl Vane, the chairman of the Cambrian Railways Co. 
1888 See Locomotive Stock June 1888
1904 Mid-Wales Railway absorbed.
1908 The line owned is 229 miles in length. 
1913 Vale of Rheidol Railway absorbed.
1921 Tanat Valley Light Railway absorbed.
Sources of Information
- Encyclopedia of British Railway Companies by Christopher Awdry. Published 1990
- The Engineer 1870/04/29
- The Stock Exchange Year Book 1908
-  Wikipedia