McKie and Baxter
McKie and Baxter of Copland Works, Glasgow.
1925 See Aberconway for information on shipbuilding h.p produced in 1904 and 1925
1927 McKie and Baxter Limited was registered as a private company, with a capital of £40,000, to acquire the firm of the same name, engineers, boilermakers and shipbuilders of Govan
1931 The company merged with Campbell and Calderwood, the Govan works was closed and production concentrated in Paisley. In some cases the firm took on contracts for complete vessels and sub-contracted the hulls.
Sources of Information
- 'Engineering' 4th March 1919
- The Scotsman 12 February 1927
- Shipbuilding and Shipping Record 13 April 1931
- National Records of Scotland BT2/14487
- Directory of Shipowners, Shipbuilders and Marine Engineers 1955
- L.A. Ritchie, The Shipbuilding Industry: A Guide to Historical Records (1992)