Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,404 pages of information and 233,863 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
The Mohawk Cycle Co produced motorcycles from 1903 to 1904 at Chalk Farm, London, and from 1922 to 1925 in Hornsey, London.
Company founded by Thomson and James
1903-1904 A primitive machine was produced using a 2.25hp or 3hp engine fitted with a Longuemare carburettor. The diamond frame had the engine mounted vertically, with flat or V-belt drive to the rear wheel, and braced forks.
1912 Listed in Spennell's directory of Coventry as Cycle Manufacturers. 
1922 Now based in Hornsey, the make reappeared on the market to offer a six-model range using a 269cc Villiers two-stroke, or 292cc, 346cc and 680cc JAP, and 499cc King Dick engines. The simplest model was single speed, but the others had Sturmey-Archer gearboxes and chain-cum-belt transmission. The firm's distinctive green and yellow with gold lining gave the finishing touch.
1923 The 680cc had all-chain drive as standard. This was also an option for the 346cc.
1924 The range was drastically cut to leave only the 292cc and 346cc JAP models.
1925 Those two JAP engined models continued, but it was their final year.