Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 134,742 pages of information and 213,797 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Works located in Pocock St., Blackfriars Rd, London SE. and John Street West, Blackfriars.
Noble motorcycles were produced from 1901 to 1909
1903 The company was now producing its own engine which hung from the downtube, similar to the Minerva. It had a mechanical inlet-valve, belt drive and braced forks. The inlet and exhaust valves were opened by a single cam.
1904 Henry J. Heasman is manager.
1904 The engine was now rated at 2.75hp, located vertically in the frame and had conventional twin-cam side valves. A racing version was available with a 4.5hp engine that could be adapted to 3.5hp for touring. The earlier model remained on the list.
1905-1909 The range continued for those few years and the company used both their own and Peugeot engines. By the end of 1909 the name had all but disappeared.