Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 134,026 pages of information and 213,092 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Oxford with branches at Bicester and Abingdon, Commenced with a shop in George Street and a small yard in New Inn, Hall Street. Later moved to premises in New Road. Started by W. L. Creyke and a Mr. Batt.,
1902 May 24th. Advertisement. Oxford Automobile Agency, 16 George Street.
1902 August 30th. Advertisement. Oxford Automobile and Cycle Agency, 16 George Street. 
William Richard Morris entered into a partnership, the Oxford Automobile and Cycle Agency, where he was works manager. His partner, W. L. Creyke, a wealthy undergraduate, was a spendthrift which brought bankruptcy to the company. F. G. Barton was Manager.
1903 January. Large invitation dinner held. W. L. Creyke presided. Guests included Claude Rippon, Messrs. Pereno and Bersey (Farnam Automobile Co), J. H. Dew, J. H. L. Sherratt, J. Newton (Rudge-Whitworth), Arthur Gell, Andrew Walsh P. J. R. Hall, James Walsh, C. B. Gull, R. V. Tapscott and H. Elderfield. (No mention of William Morris). Employ 35 men. 
1904 July. Partnership ceased. 'Walter Launcelot Creyke, Frank George Barton, and William Richard Morris (trading together as partners under the style of the "Oxford Automobile and Cycle Agency"),'
1904 December 14th. Second invitation dinner held. W. L. Creyke presided. Claude Rippon present.
A small bank loan allowed Morris to restart in business but his main interest had moved to motor cars.
He sold the cycle business and in 1909 set up the Morris Garage where he sold, hired, and repaired cars.
Sales quadrupled in four years and by 1913 Morris was a successful and respected Oxford businessman.