Parsons Optical Glass Co
Parsons Optical Glass Company, of Little Chester, Derby.
- 1921 Charles Parsons, having interests in acoustics and in optics, organized a special department for the production of searchlight reflectors at Heaton. He acquired a controlling interest in the optical firm of Ross Ltd, of Clapham, where he improved the methods of glass-grinding. He also purchased the Derby Crown Glass Co to improve the basic glass. This became the Parsons Optical Glass Co which produced many different types of glass for optical purposes.
Sources of Information
- The Times, 15 June 1925
- A history of the photographic lens, by Rudolf Kingslake